What you can expect from us:
- Courtesy, Respect, Privacy and Confidentiality
- Quality of medical care, health checks promoting healthy lifestyles and offering preventative advice.
- Explanation and information about your illness, treatment and our services.
- Referral to a specialist for a second opinion when appropriate.
- Surgery appointments to be available within 48 hours.
- Not to have to wait long on arrival. We will do our best to ensure that you are seen on time and would not expect you to have to wait more than 45 minutes.
- Prompt investigation of any complaints about the service. We will respond to complaints following the NHS complaints procedure.
- Access to your medical records subject to the legal requirements.
Confidentiality is central to the work of everyone working in healthcare. All information about patients is confidential. All our patients can expect that their personal information will not be disclosed without their permission except in the most exceptional circumstances.
What we ask of you:
- Treat us with the same courtesy and respect as you expect from us.
- Do not use the out of hours service as an extension of surgery hours. It is for emergencies only.
- Only request a home visit if you are too ill to come to the surgery. Try and phone before 10.30 am if possible.
- Allow 48 hours before collecting repeat prescriptions.
- If you cannot keep an appointment, please let the surgery know in good time. We may be able to offer it to someone whose need is urgent.
- Tell us if you change your name, address and telephone number.
- Please be patient if we are very busy or running late.